Tuesday, July 12, 2011

So proud of my little garden!

It's doing really really well! Thus far it's been safe from hail *KNOCK ON WOOD* and everything is thriving.

Including the grass.....which took me 2 hours to mow and weed whip yesterday.

We had radishes out of the garden last night in our salad. The little french breakfast radishes are really tasty, not hot at all.

And the carrots, lettuce & sweet peas are coming along nicely!

I planted a second round of radishes that have come up. The garlic is doing well, as is the brussel sprout plant I tried as an experiment. The spring onions sure look itty bitty though.

There are even little pumpkins forming!! I'm so surpised at them!

The zucchini plant is doing well, as are the mini summer squashes (they sure are a lot more 'mini' than I thought they'd be).

And the cabbage is starting to curl it's leaves in and ball up like it's supposed to. (I'm sure there must be a technical name for it)

And last but definitely not least, my gorgeous tomato plants! They seem happy as can be growing up their spirals. I'm pretty sure that the striped paste tomatoes will EASILY be at the top of the spiral by the end of the summer.

The Ildi tomatoes just started to flower, they are going to be absolutely covered in teeny tiny tomatoes.

The Black Krim's have already set fruit and they just keep getting bigger and BIGGER! They're a little deformed too... But I can't wait for them to ripen so I can try one!

The 'Striped Paste' tomatoes have started to set fruit as well, they are looking really good! I'm interested to see how big they will get.

I'm curious about the Hawaiian pineapple tomatoes too. They've just started to flower (LOTS of flowers on each plant). Each flower is really BIG, I don't think I've ever seen a tomato flower that big before to be honest. I should have taken a picture of it.

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about your Sunburst squash...
    Were they a lot earlier than your other squash? If THAT's all the bigger they're getting I would suspect they were not getting pollinated.

    ~SmartAlex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm that very well may be. I guess I'd better get the q-tips out and attempt to pollinate them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your garden is beautiful, very colourful!

    ReplyDelete