Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Getting more confident!

It's been a little while since I posted again, sorry! I keep forgetting! I'll make up for it today with a couple of posts.

I took my sidesaddle down to the barn tonight and had a friend take some pictures. I'm definitely feeling more and more comfortable, I just love this saddle. The doeskin seat and pommels are so secure. I was really nervous my first ride in it and it took some getting used to but I think I've found my balance and have realized that I'm not going to just tip off the side. I can walk, trot, canter, halt from any gait, figure 8's (with simple changes in the middle!) and have experienced the odd crow hop or two.

I think Brigit is getting used to it now too as our transitions are getting much better. I'm really pleased with her, she can be a pretty nervous "squirmy" horse but she's doing well with this and really listening to me.

I attempted to ride her with the fancy new whip the other day and she was definitely not ok with that! She's not used to me riding with a whip so when she saw it she went shooting sideways (*I* was not so ok with that!) so I ended up just dropping it. I think I'll have to get her used to it when I ride her astride first.

Anyways, here are some pictures from tonight! I realize they're pretty poor quality, my camera isn't that great in the dark, dusty arena. However my photographer did a great job considering what she had to work with! lo





Some trotting. I like this pic, I think I'm sitting nice and tall and have my hands in a good spot.


(if anybody has any tips for me, please feel free to post them in the comments! I'm just starting and on the "do it yourself" program, so the more help the better!)






Another blurry trotting photo......







And some blurry cantering. In the last one I feel like I'm tipped a bit too far forward, maybe it's just the part of the stride we're in? Brigit's got a big round stride that's hard to sit in an astride saddle so it's a bit tricky aside.




That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment