Monday, May 31, 2010

Wedding cakes!

A different kind of post for today! I've also tried my hand at making fancy cakes for a few friend's weddings. I now know why wedding cakes are so expensive to buy, they actually do cost a lot to make and take a lot of time and effort. It's a LOT of work but also a lot of fun.

This is the first one I made. It was a carrot cake with cream cheese icing on the inside between the layers and smooth, rolled buttercream icing on the outside, decorated with fresh flowers to match the brides colors.


This was the second cake I was commissioned to make. It was also rolled buttercream on the outside but it was a chocolate/vanilla marble cake, decorated with fresh flowers. It turned out really well too!


And lastly, here is a photo of a baby shower cake I made for a friend's sister's baby shower. I like the rubber ducky the best! This was my first attempt at using fondant. I was a little worried but it was SOOOO much easier than the rolled buttercream (although I still think fondant tastes gross lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment