Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Holy COOOOLD Batman!!

It is even colder than yesterday and sounds like it's going to get worse before it gets better! Ick.
Today our high is.... are you ready for it? -28 celcius. And to be honest, I don't think we're even going to make that, it's currently staying pretty steady at -30. Any breeze at all and we'll be well into the -40's. Yuck, yuck & double yuck!

Tonight will be extra fun with a low of -38.

Y'know what's interesting about this cold weather? (here comes the science nerd in me) If you take a container of boiling hot water outside and throw it into the air, it will instantly crystallize and turn into snow. Neat eh?

On another note, poor Brigit was pretty stiff & slow moving yesterday morning when I went out to check on her. I think her age really shows in this weather. So I took pity on her and asked the barn owner if she could stay inside at night until this weather warmed up a bit. Into the heated barn she went. I figured Rain was hairy & young enough that she'd be ok. Tonight I might bring them both in, it'll make me feel less guilty as I sit on the couch, wrapped up in a nice warm blanket! lol

I did make it to the fabric store yesterday and they had some really good sales on, so I've got a few more projects to work on. Some nice lavendar polo's for Rain, a fleece cover for the wee saddle, a wee saddle pad and maybe another vest? That should keep me busy for at least the rest of the week... probably longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment