Monday, October 19, 2009

Goodbye flowers....

I did something yesterday that I had been putting off because it really made the coming of winter official... I cleaned up my flower beds, ripping out all of the annuals and weeds and cutting back the shrubs and roses. My yard looks so empty and big, kind of like when you move out of a house. Oh well, I'll have this to look forward to again next spring!


I think I'm going to have to go get some halloween decorations or something to spruce it up so it's not so "blah". Perhaps some headstones and pumpkins? I just had another great idea too! We've got a longhorn skull that would work good to... I wonder if anybody would try to steal it though?





I also acquired two more lesson kids yesterday! One is 5 and the other is 7. Both are very keen to ride and learn about horses. I had to laugh, the one family with the 7 year old girl brought her little brother who's 5. He was right in there wanting to learn too. I was teaching them how to pick out the horse's feet and he was right in there doing his darndest to pick up a back leg and pick it out. Talk about determination! And thank goodness for the trusty schoolhorses!

And I got another 3 calls for lessons today! Boy am I going to be busy!!! That's ok though, I really enjoy teaching lessons and the extra $ is definitely nice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment