Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's here!!! It's here!!!

My sidesaddle arrived yesterday! I'm so pleased with it! It came in the biggest box that was FILLED with styrofoam "popcorn". Boy did that make a mess at the office! It got all over me, all over the mail room, in the elevator and a huge mess near my desk OOps! Nobody seemed to mind though, they were all really intrigued by the saddle.










I couldn't wait to get home and try it! My fingers were crossed that it would fit!! And it does!!

I'm sure glad I lunged my mare first though! Boy was she fresh! There was a good round of bucking that I would NOT have wanted to attempt to ride through on a sidesaddle! I can't really blame her though, she's been cooped up in a tiny pen getting all kinds of extra food to fatten her up. After she got her energy out she was really good though. We did some trot both ways and cantered to the left.

I really REALLY like this saddle though. The ones I rode in this past summer had smooth leather seats and I really didn't feel very secure. My saddle has a doeskin seat and pommels which I felt a lot more comfortable with. I also thought the seat felt softer than the ones I had ridden in. I still wasn't feeling 100% confident but still pretty good for my 4th time riding sidesaddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment