Thursday, April 15, 2010

Some nicer weather again...

Well after a few days of gale force winds and snow, it's finally seeming like spring again today! It's supposed to be really nice and warm on the weekend, I'm really looking forward to that.

So it looks like I'm going to be doing the sidesaddle demonstration at the Mane Event all by myself. I'm definitely a little bit nervous about it but I think it'll be exciting! We're either going to shine or have a lot of people watch us crash and burn! LOL I think we can pull it off though, I had an absolutely fantastic ride aside the other day, Brigit was phenomenal. The only thing I'm worried about is her being nervous/spooky at the event. There's going to be a LOT of people there. I guess we'll see though! Practice, practice, practice until then!!! I think I'm going to haul out to another arena saturday to get her out and about and see how she reacts.

I finally think I've decided on some music to ride to, it won't be a precise Kur but it'll be fun. I think we're going to do our trotting to Corb Lund's "Shine up my Boots" song and cantering to Doris Day's "Que Sera Sera". I still have to download the songs and make sure they're going to work though. So much to do!

Shadow is healing well. The scratches on her chest are looking good and her leg is healing up. It's definitely going to take some time before it's completely healed over but it'll get there. Then we've got to decide what to do with her. *sigh* I hate being in this position.

2 comments:

  1. Your going to have fun at the mane event! I love doing breeds/demonstration shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting really excited about it! I was super nervous and almost pulled out when everyone else cancelled but I think we'll do just fine. I think a glass of wine or two beforehand might be in order though! hehe

    ReplyDelete