Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weeds! Darned weeds!

Well we spent a good part of the day weeding the gardens. I've been wanting to get it done but the weather has just been too rotten lately. So today was the day, partially because it was nice and partially because I received an email from Breck's Bulbs telling me my bulb order had been shipped. Our yard looks 100X better now.

I still haven't figured out how to get rid of the darned 'Ground Ivy' that I planted a few years ago. It's just taken over everything. I ripped and tore and pulled today and then took some 'Roundup' to it. Hopefully that will help. Don't EVER plant that stuff unless you're sure you'll want it there forever!

Wanna see the bulbs I ordered?

Some lillies...


And lots more tulips!








I want spring again.... :(

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting rid of the "ground ivy". If you find a way to get rid of it, let me know as our garden is covered in it. It's come through from next door and has taken over everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been ripping & pulling at it but that alone doesn't seem to be enough. Hopefully the Roundup will kill some of it off!

    ReplyDelete