Monday, March 22, 2010

Sew NOT as easy as I thought!

The sewing is coming along slowly. It seemed to take forever to get all of the pieces cut out for the vest pattern I bought and I'm still not entirely sure that I have the right size but I suppose we'll see!

I started actually trying to sew it all together last night and it's definitely a LOT more tricky than I thought it would be. I would be completely lost if it wasn't for the book of sewing my grandma gave me. "Staystitching" "Basting" and various other terms had me fairly LOST. And my first attempt at making the little triangles on the pattern match up with each other didn't go all so well. I did get a few pieces sewn together though and I *think* I've done it right....

Unforunately the sewing class I'm taking is soo painfully basic. I think I learned more last week from reading through my sewing machine's owner's manual. Tonight is the second class, hopefully it will go better. I think I mostly just need to understand what all of the different terms mean and I'm sure I can do it! We shall see though!

No comments:

Post a Comment