Welcome to "Sidesaddle Addicts Not-So-Anonymous", please repeat after me, "My name is _________ and I have a problem..... A sidesaddle problem...."
Welcome to our support group. Here we understand the "problem" and are here to help.
If you aren't sure if you belong here or not, please answer the following questions and if you answer yes to most of them, I'm sorry to say but you too are afflicted with this habit forming problem.
1. You think of sidesaddles or sidesaddle riding daily, if not more often.
2. You own more than one sidesaddle.
3. Your additional sidesaddles may not even be rideable or fit you/your horse but they were "neat" and you couldn't resist.
4. You love going to used tack shops and will dig for "treasures" that only you know their purpose.
5. You search Ebay, Kijiji, Craigslist, tack for sale websites etc etc regularly for new sidesaddle listings.
6. Somehow you can justify "just one more".
7. You have more sidesaddle accessories (habits, boots, gloves, veils, whips, canes, sandwich case, stirrups etc etc) than Barbie could ever dream of.
8. You have purchased a sewing machine in the hopes that you can teach yourself to sew in order to create new fancy outfits.
9. Many of your sidesaddle friends are people that you have never met in person but have had great influence over your sidesaddle career.
10. You eye up friend's horses and think "Hmmm... I bet he'd look nice sidesaddle".
11. You have gotten most of your friends to try riding sidesaddle.
12. You have gotten your boyfriend of husband to try riding sidesaddle (gold star for this one!)
13. You are magnetically attracted to everything & anything sidesaddle and will be able to somehow justify it's purchase.
14. You check the mail daily to see if said items have arrived yet.
15. You purchase items that are not really useful, don't fit you/your horse but are sidesaddle related to it's "ok" because it adds to your collection.
This list is just the tip of the iceberg (list in the comments if you like!) but if you can identify with your fellow sidesaddlaholics, Welcome! We can get through this together.......
Orrr perhaps we'll just help each other justify the need to own more sidesaddles, accessories, outfits and enjoy a place to chatter endlessly about sidesaddle riding and help each other out!