Friday, January 7, 2011

Sidesaddle goodies for Christmas!

I suppose I should tell you about a few new additions to my sidesaddle collection! I definitely got spoiled this Christmas. We opened our presents on the 20th before we went away on holidays and I got some wonderful sidesaddle items. My mother ordered me the ISSO's fundraiser calendar, it's got some very neat old pictures in it.

Here's the one for January....


And I got a reprint of an antique sidesaddle book called "Modern Sidesaddle Riding" written in 1907 by Eva Christy. It's really fascinating to read. There are lots of "do's" and "don'ts" and I think the most interesting part are the ads in the back, including one for "Champion & Wilton".








I loooooove old books!

She also ordered my "The Encyclopedia of the Sidesaddle" which is very interesting too! Everything you could imagine related to sidesaddles is in there.

To save the best for last... my boyfriend found an antique sandwich case and had it sent from England. It's got the silver sandwich box & bayonet top flask. I'll have to save pictures of that for another day though!

No comments:

Post a Comment