Saturday, April 23, 2011

Nice day for a walk..... Back to the barn....

Had a lovely ride down the ride in the sun yesterday. Brigit has some front shoes on now so it's a little easier to tour down the gravel roads without sore feet.

So the ride away from the barn was lovely.... Buuuut the ride home, not so much. We had a full on battle/melt down because "somebody" aka Brigit would NOT walk. Instead we had prancing, dancing ridiculousness. There really isn't any reasoning with the horse when she decides she wants to go home and NOW. So rather than letting the battle continue and being frustrated and ending up with sore arms, I got off and walked 1 mile home. And we walked at MY pace.

It was still a nice day for a walk! lol

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha.. Olivers most difficult gait is the flat walk! I think I spend most of my lesson time getting him to relax and flat walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew walking quietly could be such a challenge! LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete