Thursday, April 14, 2011

What's white & fluffy and comes to visit in April around Easter???

If you guessed the Easter Bunny..... Well you're right but I was actually referring to THIS........
.....
.....

MORE snow. It's not very cold out but it sure is WET. I'm glad for my muck boots or I'd have wet feet today. All over the province there's flooding and this sure won't help things. It's melting pretty quickly but they're predicting more this weekend.

On a more positive note, look at how well my seedlings are doing!


The watermelon just sprouted (in the foreground) and from front to back in the planting trays you can see broom corn, canteloupe (not very good germ on these, only 50%), summer squash and lots of tomatoes. In the middle are zinnia & spring onion seedlings and at the back is the cabbage that I transplanted yesterday. I can't believe how much it's grown in only a day!! I think adding miracle grow to the water is definitely the key!
I can see I'll be doing more transplanting very soon!!!

I've got mini bell peppers and yellow cherry tomatoes planted too but they haven't germinated yet.... :S

No comments:

Post a Comment